Douglas D. Ready and Valerie E. Lee, “Optimal Context Size in Elementary Schools: Disentangling the Effects of Class Size and School Size,” Brookings Papers on Education Policy,- 2006/2007, pp. 99-135. Study finds that class size rather than school size makes a positive difference, and suggests that”if children remained in the same elementary school for five or six years … differences would be very substantial: a roughly 10-point advantage for children in small over large classes by the end of sixth grade, or 4.5 months of additional learning.”
Donate to our cause
- Two new research summaries on the multiple benefits of class size reduction January 2, 2017
- My most popular blog posts of 2016, along with highlights and lowlights of the year December 31, 2016
- From Diane Ravitch - please give to Class Size Matters! December 30, 2016
- Betsy Devos, Trump's public school wrecking ball December 22, 2016
- Untitled December 20, 2016
Join Us & Get updates!
Click here to sign-up and receive our newsletters about our work and updates on actions you can do to help!