Douglas D. Ready and Valerie E. Lee, “Optimal Context Size in Elementary Schools: Disentangling the Effects of Class Size and School Size,” Brookings Papers on Education Policy,- 2006/2007, pp. 99-135. Study finds that class size rather than school size makes a positive difference, and suggests that”if children remained in the same elementary school for five or six years … differences would be very substantial: a roughly 10-point advantage for children in small over large classes by the end of sixth grade, or 4.5 months of additional learning.”
Donate to our cause
The All-in-One Event Calendar core theme files are out of date and the calendar has been temporarily disabled. To enable the calendar, an administrator must log into the WordPress dashboard and follow the instructions.
- More than 37 NYC principals say NO! to the Commissioner; the state exams are unfair & flawed & need to undergo public scrutiny April 13, 2014
- Pictures and words from our amazing rally yesterday; protesting Gov. Cuomo's forced charter takeover of our public schools April 11, 2014
- Rally at NY Public Library and March On Governor Cuomo's Office Tomorrow to Draw Hundreds of Outraged Parents from All Over City April 9, 2014
- Despite parent protests, DOE to go ahead with plan to push class sizes to 46 at PS 11Q Queens & violate building code April 8, 2014
- District 2 principals fight back! Parents, Rally with your school on Friday morning vs awful State ELA exam April 7, 2014