Douglas D. Ready and Valerie E. Lee, “Optimal Context Size in Elementary Schools: Disentangling the Effects of Class Size and School Size,” Brookings Papers on Education Policy,- 2006/2007, pp. 99-135. Study finds that class size rather than school size makes a positive difference, and suggests that”if children remained in the same elementary school for five or six years … differences would be very substantial: a roughly 10-point advantage for children in small over large classes by the end of sixth grade, or 4.5 months of additional learning.”
Donate to our cause
Please fill out our 5 min Class Size Survey
Please sign our petition to Chancellor Fariña and Mayor de Blasio! Reduce class size now!
Sign the Petition to Commissioner King and Board of Regents on the need to protect student privacy!
Ask them to appoint an independent privacy officer who will recognize parent rights to protect their children's privacy!
Petition to Commissioner King and Board of Regents on Student Privacy
To Commissioner King and the Board of Regents:
There are no upcoming events.
View Calendar Add Add
- NYC DOE still putting out false discharge data and inflating the graduation rate September 28, 2014
- 73 Education professors urge the Chancellor and the Mayor to reduce class size September 24, 2014
- NYC Schools, Kids, Parents and Teachers will march in historic demonstration for climate action Sept. 21 September 17, 2014
- Commissioner King and NYSED have failed to implement the new state law on student privacy September 15, 2014
- Egregious distortions in NYT article on Success Charters, say parents, teachers & journalist September 9, 2014