On October 25, 2016 the Appellate Court ruled on our lawsuit to keep School Leadership Team meetings open, which the DOE had closed to the public starting in 2013. Here is our press release, and here are articles about the decision in the Daily News, the Village Voice and Chalkbeat. Here is a blog post about this. On November 10, the DOE sent a message in the Principal’s Weekly about the decision, informing that from then on, these meetings must be open to the public. Below is a fact sheet parents and others can refer to, explaining the composition and authority of School Leadership Teams, and what the court decision means. You can also download the document as a pdf here. In Spanish, the fact sheet is here.
Donate to our cause
- Updated: 83% of NYC school buildings have elevated levels of lead -- check the results here -- and more confusing messages from DOE April 29, 2017
- More grounds for removal of Paladino: violating student privacy April 22, 2017
- The push for privatization continues at the state and federal level April 17, 2017
- How Trump's budget cuts will affect class size- here in NYC and nationwide April 13, 2017
- Amazing evening - parents and teacher sit in at CPE I demanding principal's removal April 7, 2017
Join Us & Get updates!
Click here to sign-up and receive our newsletters about our work and updates on actions you can do to help!