On October 25, 2016 the Appellate Court ruled on our lawsuit to keep School Leadership Team meetings open, which the DOE had closed to the public starting in 2013. Here is our press release, and here are articles about the decision in the Daily News, the Village Voice and Chalkbeat. Here is a blog post about this. On November 10, the DOE sent a message in the Principal’s Weekly about the decision, informing that from then on, these meetings must be open to the public. Below is a fact sheet parents and others can refer to, explaining the composition and authority of School Leadership Teams, and what the court decision means. You can also download the document as a pdf here. In Spanish, the fact sheet is here.
Donate to our cause
- Save the date! City Council hearings on need to improve school siting and planning February 21, 2017
- How NY & Other States Should Count Opt-Outs in the New School Accountability System February 21, 2017
- Update on Lead - what's going on? February 20, 2017
- So it happened; DeVos was confirmed. What next? February 8, 2017
- Why parents and privacy experts are NOT reassured by the Chancellor's letter on undocumented students February 7, 2017
Join Us & Get updates!
Click here to sign-up and receive our newsletters about our work and updates on actions you can do to help!