Thomas Dee and Martin West, “The Non-Cognitive Returns to Class Size, ” NBER Working Paper 13994, 2008. “Our results indicate that smaller classes in 8th grade lead to improvements in measures of student engagement ….Using the estimated earnings impact of these non-cognitive skills and the direct cost of a class-size reduction, the implied internal rate of return from an 8th-grade class-size reduction is 4.6 percent overall, but 7.9 percent in urban schools.”
Donate to our cause
- Updated: 83% of NYC school buildings have elevated levels of lead -- check the results here -- and more confusing messages from DOE April 29, 2017
- More grounds for removal of Paladino: violating student privacy April 22, 2017
- The push for privatization continues at the state and federal level April 17, 2017
- How Trump's budget cuts will affect class size- here in NYC and nationwide April 13, 2017
- Amazing evening - parents and teacher sit in at CPE I demanding principal's removal April 7, 2017
Join Us & Get updates!
Click here to sign-up and receive our newsletters about our work and updates on actions you can do to help!